We craft digital services that make life easier. – Backelite, The Digital Service Design Agency
Backelite is an agency born “mobile first” in 2006 and today specializes in service design and creating digital products. We imagine the digital services of tomorrow by crafting interfaces that balance functionality, ergonomics, design and technology for engaging and effective experiences.
Are you interested in designing innovative experiences on current and cutting edge technologies?
Are you ready to join a team in France, Sweden, the Netherlands or Australia that works with leading brands such as: Air France, HEMA, Coca Cola, Qantas and ING? Are you excited at the thought of collaborating with top-notch teams whilst creating services that are used by millions of people? Join us!
Within our growing UX team, we are recruiting:
A UX designer (M/F)
Joining a team of UX designers with different backgrounds, you will bring your knowledge of user-centered methods and you will manage the design phase for our clients.
Your tasks will include:
- Contribution to pre-sales phases: response strategy, proposing appropriate methodology, drafting proposals and supporting materials
- Definition of a project’s UX Strategy: analyzing client issues, understanding end users’ needs, leading ideation workshops, gathering feedback in the form of user stories, experience flowcharts, user journeys, design principles
- User-centered design: proposing adequate methodology and planning, development of detailed user journeys, information architecture, wireframing and prototyping, respecting deadlines, leading workshops and meeting with the client
- Development of guidelines, experience feedback and definition of methodologies
Participation in the UX designer community
Other responsibilities may be assigned to you based on your expertise and interests. Your ideas are welcome, as they will enrich our proposals and improve our working methods!
Assignments may take place at our agency or in-house at our clients’ offices. Time will be allocated for you to take part in team meetings and knowledge sharing. Assignments several weeks long may take place abroad, if this interests you.
You have the ideal profile if:
- You are focused on user-centric design, from user research to prototyping
- You have a solid knowledge of the digital, web and app ecosystem, from smartphone to desktop
- You foster good internal and client relationships
- You are autonomous and demonstrate leadership
- You are rigorous, analytical, and can clearly communicate overviews
- Spelling and grammar are your strong suits
- Pastry Chef is your secondary calling, and you like to share! ☺
- You speak both English and Dutch on a business level
Location: Utrecht, Netherlands
Type of contract: Full-time
Salary: Commensurate with background and experience