We craft digital services that make life easier. – Backelite, The Digital Service Design Agency
Backelite is an agency born “mobile first” in 2006 and today specializes in service design and creating digital products. We imagine the digital services of tomorrow by crafting interfaces that balance functionality, ergonomics, design and technology for engaging and effective experiences.
Are you interested in designing innovative experiences on current and cutting edge technologies?
Are you ready to join an international team that works with leading brands such as: Air France, HEMA, Coca Cola, Qantas and ING? Are you excited at the thought of collaborating with top-notch teams whilst creating services that are used by millions of people? Join us!
To accompany our Creative Studio in designing cutting edge interfaces, we are recruiting:
An Art Director / UI designer (M/F)
Joining a diverse team, you will manage the creative phase for our clients.
Your tasks will include:
- Design and production of digital projects on various platforms, conceiving new services for our clients
- Participation in the definition of creative concepts, to support pre-sales and collaborative creative workshops
- Collaboration with the entire project team, ensuring the highest creative quality, including during development and testing phases
- Contribution to Backelite’s creative community and sharing best practices and techniques with the agency
Other responsibilities may be assigned to you based on your expertise and interests. Your ideas are welcome, as they will enrich our proposals and improve our working methods!
Assignments may take place at our agency or in-house at our clients’ offices. Time will be allocated for you to take part in team meetings and knowledge sharing. Assignments several weeks long may take place abroad, if this interests you.
You have the ideal profile if:
- You have at least 4 years’ experience in mobile app design and/or website design
- Graphic and typography design are no strangers to you, and you know how to bridge the aesthetic with the functional
- You are sensitive to user experience problems, and can rethink your creative proposals accordingly
- You are open to collaborative and iterative working methods
- You are curious and proactive, always up to date with the latest trends, graphical guidelines and ergonomic OS guidelines, and always on the lookout for new tools (prototyping)
- You are expert in Photoshop and Illustrator. Mastery of Sketch, InDesign or After Effects is a plus
- You wish to join an enthusiastic, passionate creative team that loves unicorns!
- You speak both English and Dutch on a business level
Location: Utrecht, Netherlands
Type of contract: Full-time
Salary: Commensurate with background and experience