As a Managing Service Designer, you will work part time with leading a team of 6-8 service designers to ensure that they are nurtured and supported in their daily deliveries of client projects as well as in their individual growth. The role includes responsibility for the team members career paths, how they can take the next step in their aspirations. You will also make sure that they have the prerequisites to deliver with a high quality. You will take active part in growth of the studio in Stockholm/Malmö and together with the Head of Studio make sure that we attract the right mix of service designers.
You also like to work with business development, both in terms sales and growth, and will from time to time work closely together with the business development team and actively participate in sales delivery. You will get the opportunity to grow and develop the organization together with high talented designers as well as designing innovative experiences on current and cutting edge technologies!
- Part-time act as lead service designer in client deliveries
- Coach, mentor, and develop team members, including (but not limited to) overseeing new employee on-boarding and career development.
- Hands-on management of key projects and accounts to maximize growth opportunities within those accounts.
- Oversee the quality of work delivered to customers
- From time to time, be a part of pitching new projects and closing deals.
- Actively work with the Talent Acquisition team to recruit, interview, select and hire the appropriate number of employees based on the growth plan and sales volume.
- Provide oversight and direction to employees in the studio in accordance with Backelite Way of Working within Service Design.
- Close cooperation with Backelite’s Management Team to ensure goals for our Service Design offerings are met.
- Work closely with our Creative Director and Backelites Center of Excellence to ensure that we have one DNA across the globe.
- Passion for design thinking and service design methodology and a history of selling the concept of design thinking internally and externally
- Track record of leading and coaching designers in applying Service design methods and tools
- Preferably strong local market contact network.
- Preferably two years of experience in a similar leadership role in a design agency.
- Understanding of operating a design agency or consulting business.
- Outgoing personality with expertise at developing solid relationships internally and externally (i.e., a “people person”).
- Eagerness and interest in pitching new projects, closing new deals and growing the business.
- Use of logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of situations presented to you and independently present alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Passion for design with an eagerness to mentor and inspire other creative people.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in Swedish and English.
Please apply here.