Are you interested in designing innovative experiences on current and cutting edge technologies? Are you ready to join a team in France, Sweden, the Netherlands or Australia that works with leading brands such as: Air France, Coca Cola, Qantas and ING? Are you excited at the thought of collaborating with top-notch teams whilst creating services that are used by millions of people? Join us!
Within our growing UX team, we are recruiting an Interaction Designer
As part of your role:
You make use of agreed design patterns and contributes to the design community to improve and add to design patterns. You will work closely with the content designer to improve the usability of services, with the user researcher to conduct usability testing and design experiments, and with the technical team members to develop and iterate prototypes with a view to continuously improve the services.
You will be working as part of a multidisciplinary team to design and create world class digital services and have the following essential skills and experience.
- Experience in interaction design and an understanding of HTML/CSS
- Experience in creating low fidelity/sketched prototypes through to high definition prototypes and has an awareness of code and collaborates well with front end developers
- Experience in visual and/or graphic design using a range of design tools eg Photoshop, sketch, and can create intelligent and accessible experience guidelines, style guides and pattern libraries
- Demonstrated experience in designing interfaces that work across devices and browsers, meets web standards, is accessible and is able to be used by people regardless of their digital literacy
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary, digital delivery team, ideally using Agile methods including the Commonwealth Digital Service Standard.
You have the ideal profile if:
You have the ability to collaborate and help establish the right processes for designing and delivering services that are easy for everyone to understand and use, with a focus on web standards, usability and accessibility.
- You have knowledge of agile and user-centred methodologies, such as the DTA’s Digital Service Standard
- You have experience working with government agencies
- You stay updated on the latest developments/trends/thinking within your field, sharing knowledge and thoughts with communities, colleagues and clients
- You work collaboratively with front-end developers to produce technically feasible designs.
Locations: Canberra, Adelaide, Sydney and Melbourne
Type of contract: Full-time
Salary: Commensurate with background and experience
Please send your application with CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the reference BK-CDI-INTERACTION-DESIGNER.