- Coach, mentor, and develop staff, including (but not limited to) overseeing new employee on-boarding and career development, with the support of HR.
- Hands-on management of key projects and accounts to maximize growth opportunities within those accounts.
- Oversee the quality of work delivered to customers, and developing and maintaining customer relationships.
- Continuously seek new business opportunities from current and new customers, pitching new projects and closing deals.
- Actively work with the Talent Acquisition team to recruit, interview, select and hire the appropriate number of employees based on the growth plan and sales volume.
- Provide oversight and direction to employees in the studio in accordance with Idean operating procedures.
- Close cooperation with Backelite’s Management Team to ensure goals for the Göteborg studio are met.
- Work closely with Backelites Center of Excellence to ensure that we have one DNA across the globe.
- Strong local market contact network.
- At least 6 years of experience in a senior leadership role in a design agency required.
- Strong business acumen and understanding of operating a design agency or consulting business.
- Outgoing personality with expertise at developing solid relationships internally and externally (i.e., a “people person”).
- Eagerness and interest in pitching new projects, closing new deals and growing the business.
- Use of logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of situations presented to you and independently present alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Passion for design with an eagerness to mentor and inspire other creative people.
- Strong understanding of usability and user centered design practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in Swedish and English.
Please send your résumé and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning the reference BK-FULLTIME-HEADOFSTUDIO